Monday, May 01, 2006

Fuss of language

Today after reading a comment from kiran I thought m goin to nuts writing…I was never that type..m alwayz that happy go lucky..guy writing n speaking a fuzzy English that coz to makeup for the amount of mess I make in my english grammars .To b honest in my class test I plucked once in English though later in my Boards to the surprise of many and even myself I was lucky enough to make a blinder. Though me being from CBSE was always looked down upon by the ICSE bunch who thought reading Dickens n Shakespeare gave them a better edge in the language. Itz not that I tried my hands in English classics but to b honest never could relate to it. Once my cousin sister gave me Love Story(Erich Segal one) to read n to prove her apprehensions wrong I stuck to my determination n did finish that book. As I thought without reading that book I would never b able to discuss the nuances of the book n prove her apprehensions wrong(unlike now u have Wikipedia that time healthy discussion meant going throught it completely).But, what struck me was why a age old concept repeated n clichéd apt many times, the theme of love story was something u cnt put scarilage and to save myself from my cousin community giving oblique looks I had to endorse the book. English has always been a funny language being so cosmopolitan from itz start and presently is the reason for my bread and butter. What I dnt understand is the pseudo conservative approach to the language who argue that the sanctity of the language is being diluted by new sms culture when fuzzy is becoming the trend. My view is the language which itself is being derived by the fuzziness of so many other language and is adaptable enough that it became a global language, there is no reason why we should unnecessary think of pro conservatism. Let it evolve as it evolves n may b soon we will surprised to see the language as will be Shakespeare if he see it today.

3 Comments:

Blogger SriKiran said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:33 AM  
Blogger SriKiran said...

hmm pretty serious views u have here , cant say i agree with them though

12:40 AM  
Blogger Pushan Sikdar said...

have to debate it out with u one..day in a pub

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>