Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Chapter of Life

Like Diwali, CAT also became a annual festive of my life. Both made me wait till the year end and once there, they left without any trace, making me look forward to the next year. Following the trend, this year too proved no different. After a heart wrenching verbal section which gave me enough jitters to declare myself inapt for CAT and hang up boots forever.
But being a Software engineer back up plan is always solace in onsite. Wasting no time, I too got my H1B visa stamped and started getting ready to jet set. But, as life has its way, without any hope and with low morale I somehow pulled myself to the hall to write JMET. The biggest shock came to me when I realized that I did pretty well in the exam and I had some chance. But, by then stage got set for my trip to Chicago. That night, after lot of introspection, retrospection, soul searching , I decided to try for IIT and drop onsite.
Next day called for high drama with all my seniors bombarding me for my unprofessional approach and asked for my reason to back out. Being a big movie fan it didn’t take me much time to cook up the biggest story of my life which had all shades of love, violence, caste, anger and a perfect potboiler. I told my seniors, going onsite is not that important to me as losing my lady love. I don’t know how convincing I was, but my seniors gave me chance to stay back in offshore. But it did resulted me in straining my relation with my seniors. It ultimately made me look for a change of job and successfully I could manage a new job. But further confusion was added by HRD ministry when they halted the result and I was already running out of time to make a shift to new company. But as they say better late then never, at last result came out and it gave me immense relief to see my name on the list. Now, after enjoying 2 months vacation I will be joining SJMSOM on 18th July. Hope I do excel there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck! i am sure u will excel there :)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>